There are lots of things that DIYers are able to do in their homes now thanks to TV channels like HGTV and Youtubers who post informational videos, but there are some things that DIYers should not attempt. It might be one thing to take a look at the inner workings of a small radio, but your air conditioner and your dishwasher are different. There are some appliances and systems that technicians have to be certified to work on. For example, HVAC technicians must be certified by the EPA in order to work with the coolants, and they must have a certain level of education to be qualified to work on or install HVAC systems.
Appliance repair also requires a knowledge of electricity. We all know how disastrous the results can be when electricity is not respected as the powerful force that it is.
If those reasons weren’t compelling enough, here are a few more that will give you an idea why this kind of work should be left to those who are trained to do it.
- You could be injured or cause injury to someone else by not knowing exactly what needs to be done.
- A small repair is less expensive than replacing the appliance or making the problem worse by not knowing how to fix it.
- Your energy costs rise when your appliances are not working properly. Technicians have diagnostic equipment that can detect problems.
- An appliance technician can get your appliance back into working condition faster.
- A trained technician has the right tools. Makeshift tools cause damage.
- Having someone else repair your appliances frees up your time to do other things.
- Your appliances will last longer with proper repair and maintenance.
- DIY repairs might cause an ongoing series of problems. Professional repair and maintenance solves the problem.
- You’ll get the best results from someone who is qualified to make the repair.
- You might void your warranty – The warranties on appliances are only honored if repair and maintenance work was done by trained professionals. By causing more damage to the appliance, you will have to pay to replace it yourself.
A good rule of thumb to remember is if the appliance in question has a warranty, leave the repairs to a professional like those at Total Home Services of Utah. Our appliance installation and repair services are performed by EPA-Certified Technicians who participate in ongoing training and meet all standards to work with today’s appliances. Contact us to schedule an appointment.