Spring is a time when we begin to turn our attention toward more outside activities and freshening up our houses from the long winter months of staying in. We tend to forget about our air conditioning systems because we may not have needed them for months, but starting them up again abruptly isn’t easy on them. Just like your car’s engine or your home’s furnace, the air conditioning unit needs regular care and maintenance too. With the hot summer months approaching, spring is the best time to get your AC ready for action.
Here are some of the best reasons to set up a regular AC or HVAC unit maintenance schedule.
- The warranty: If you should need to use the warranty to repair or replace your unit, you will have to show that you did provide all required air conditioning maintenance, otherwise you will risk voiding it.
- Your AC unit will last longer with regular care.
- Regular checkups increase the unit’s energy efficiency. Clean filters and air ducts make it easy for your AC system to circulate cool air throughout your home.
- Keeping your AC unit properly maintained reduces your energy usage, saves you money in energy bills, and is kind to the environment.
- You may save the cost of more expensive repairs or a complete breakdown and replacement in the future.
- The air quality in your home will be better – Dirty clogged filters can cause debris and dust to break loose and actually recirculate throughout your home. Replacing or cleaning the filters preventatively can keep the air in your home cleaner and healthier.
- You are more likely to keep your AC or HVAC system from breaking down when you need it the most. It’s smart to schedule AC maintenance in the months leading up to the hottest months of the year, so it will be ready to go when that heat wave hits.
- Your peace of mind as a homeowner is important. Scheduling regular AC maintenance gives you one less thing to worry about and fewer chances for something to go wrong and catch you off guard. No one needs large repair bills that could have been avoided.
Total Home Services of Utah is an experienced provider of AC services. All of our AC contractors are EPA-certified and attend ongoing training in order to meet all current industry standards for AC repair and maintenance. Contact us today to schedule an appointment for AC or HVAC service and repair.